[6lbr-dev] Output power of 6lbr slip radio

Laurent Deru laurent.deru at cetic.be
Fri Nov 13 13:37:47 UTC 2015

Hello,

The Objective Function used to construct the RPL routing tree is purely
based on ETX metric, (more or less the link quality). So it won't be
directly impacted by the transmission power. However, lower transmission
power increases the risk of packet loss or asymmetric link and RPL will
react and adapt the routing tree accordingly. The link quality is based
on the transmission success rate from the node towards the parent, so if
the parent has a higher output power, it will not impact the link
quality from the node point of view.

Kind regards,
Laurent.